About Northern Wisconsin Woodworkers Guild
The Guild was formed in May, 1982 to further woodworking interest and education for Northeast Wisconsin area amateur and professional woodworkers. We also aim to increase the interest of the general public in woodworking.
All interested woodworkers and affiliated people are encouraged to become members. All are invited to attend a meeting as a guest if unsure of your membership interest.
The Guild currently has 150 members of all ages and skill levels from throughout Northeastern Wisconsin. Our goal is to promote the collective interest in all types and levels of woodworking. Our purpose is to assist the skilled craftsman and equally important is provide assistance to the beginner or midlevel woodworkers.
We seek to promote the collective interest in all types and levels of woodworking. As a Guild, we promote fellowship and good will among those in and associated with all types and levels of woodworking. Monthly Guild woodworker meetings and our Annual Woodworkers Show are promotions open to all woodworkers and the general public.
Guild Membership provides:
• Monthly meeting programs with variety all types of woodworking.
• Guild’s extensive library of CD’s, books and videos to use.
• Monthly “Benchtalk” newsletter with meeting information, trading post, woodworking notes
• Trips and field workshops at woodworking businesses.
• Membership sharing of information includes project tip, tool likes and hints, special techniques
• Opportunities to link your website with www.NEWWG.org
We hold general meetings year round on the 3rd Wednesday of the month. August is reserved for the annual Guild Picnic, the Fall Woodworking Show is October or November, and December is the Guild Potluck Celebration
Non-members are welcome to attend a general meeting to learn about us.